Monday, June 27, 2016

Beach Fun

My family had decided to spend the day at the beach. There I was, walking the boardwalk with my sisters and my parents. We bought tickets to participate in some interactive amusement thing. We were given wristbands and told to meet up at a specific location in half an hour to start our adventure. Before we could go to the meet point, we had to find somewhere to change into our bathing suits. My mom, my sisters, and I entered an indoor shopping area to find a bathroom. We passed a couple places before finding a bathroom we'd be allowed to change in. I was the last one to finish changing. When I left the stall I'd been using, I noticed that my mom had left her clothing on the floor in the bathroom. (But it didn't look like clothing she'd been wearing. It looked much more like a pile of my ex girlfriend's clothing. Which was weird because she never appeared in my dream). I called my mom back into the bathroom and told her to shove her clothes into her backpack - she'd need them later.

My mom and I then walked to the meet up point. We found out that the thing we'd signed up for was an Amazing Race type game, but the groups were formed randomly by the people who'd put the event together. Each group had four team members and an official volunteer driver. My group was made up of a few other girls who I kinda sorta knew and a guy who would turn out to be my boyfriend as the dream progressed. We jumped into our driver's car when the time came and raced off to the event location.

My group was the first to get to the location. Waiting for each team was a young goat standing on a platform. Next to each goat were different types of food in bowls. The objective was to feed your team's goat without getting your hand bitten off (the goats were so hungry that they'd snap at your hands if you tried to touch the food, but they wouldn't eat the food out of the bowls - you had to hand feed them). My dream-boyfriend ran over to another team's platform to grab some food not guarded by our goat (apparently the goats could only bite the team trying to feed them, so he was safe stealing food from another goat's platform). He fed it to our goat and our team started celebrating. But I didn't celebrate yet, because I was worried it wouldn't count. We'd cheated. I made eye contact with the woman overseeing the event and the said she'd allow it because he'd been the one to do it and she could make a special exception for him because he was just one of those boys. Mr. Dream Boy took me in his arms and suddenly I knew he'd done everything for me. I couldn't have been happier. I felt safe and loved and cared for. I no longer cared if we won or lost (but we'd totally won).

No comments:

Post a Comment